Thursday 24 August 2017

Day: 217 17/11/99 Tetney Lock to Cleethorpes

Distance:  5 km (3.1 miles)    Total Distance:   2812 miles

I was working in Grimsby  so after lunch I made a get away and decided to go for a short coastal walk.  I drove through Cleethorpes, stopped of at some public toilets to change into my walking clobber and then drove to another more desolate, but free, car park at Humberston further down the coast. 

This was a short walk down the coast to where I had stopped walking last time and then back to the car again. I suppose the first half was the walk to the start of my walk proper.  Once I got to the bridge near Stonebridge Farm I crossed it and then promptly turned around and headed back.  I did not hang around because it was pretty cold and windy.  I walked over the river and along the sea defences back towards Cleethorpes.  I skirted around a marina and then in front of many chalets of varying degrees of disrepair. There were few people around but I was amused by a man flying a large stunt kite on the sands where the wind was so strong that he was being dragged long the beach. 




No comments:

Post a Comment