Sunday 27 February 2011

Day 4: 5/7/85 Prestatyn to Rhyl


Distance:  6.6 km ( 4.1 miles)      Total Distance:   28 miles

Well, this wasn't exactly a walk in the countryside. A concrete promenade covered the sea-front between Pontins holiday camp at Prestatyn and the lifeboat station at Rhyl.  The day was windy and damp and there weren't too many holiday-makers to be seen even though it is the height of the holiday season. The Sun Centre at Rhyl looked crowded with families escaping from the poor summer weather. 
Start of day 4 - The Grand Hotel - Prestatyn.

I felt quite under the weather myself having not fully recovered from a dose of Spanish tummy picked up on a recent business trip to Barcelona. I therefore stopped for the day at Rhyl and walked back along the promenade to Prestatyn.  I can recommend the public conveniences at Rhyl.

Rhyl seafront (© David E @ Flickr)

I returned to Coventry that evening feeling pretty washed out but content with the fact that I had at least started this project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment