Monday 31 December 2012

Day: 19 28/5/86 Abersorch to Cricieth

Distance: 30 km (19 miles)    Total Distance:    281 miles

I felt quite relieved to get out of Abersoch.  Another nice day weather-wise.  It was a day full of long beaches which could have been a bit more interesting if it had been broken up by some cliffs!  There was a steep climb over Mynydd Tir-y-cwmwd with a maze of paths over the top.  The Pwllheli South beach was long and not very interesting.  The town itself although crowded was very nice.  I went into a couple of bookshops to browse and called in a pub on the way out of town for a quick pint.  The Butlins holiday camp soon came into sight though first its rubbish dump did!  After the holiday camp complete with its cable car way and concentration-camp like hostels, it was a walk along the railway banks into Criccieth.  I put up camp in a nice site near Morfa Abererch and had a wonderful shower.

It was after that that I phoned home and found out that my house had been broken into.  I did not go home that night as I had paid a deposit on the key for the shower.  I went to drown my sorrows in the famous Italian restaurant in Nefyn after going to tell the police in Pwllheli to stop looking for me, because Dad had told me that he had asked them to keep an eye out for my car – although it did not seem they were.  I also phoned the Barclaycard people to stop that.  I went home the following day to find no record collection or hi-fi.  My record collection had included some Leonard Cohen LPs.  Serves the burglar right if he gets depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment