Monday 31 December 2012

Day: 21 3/5/87 Harlech to Barmouth

Weather:  Fine, some sunny intervals
Distance:  25km (16 miles)    Total Distance:  316 miles

As there were no trains running today (I hoped) I was able to walk along the railway.  It seemed to take a long time to get to Shell Island – I went all the way up to the top of the peninsular.  I stopped at the caravan and yacht HQ for a tea and scone to recharge.

All the rest of the day was then along the beach -–stopping in another caravan club / pub for a pint at lunchtime.  Upon reaching Barmouth, I walked over the railway bridge to save having to do it the following day – it cost 20p.  I hitched back from Barmouth to Harlech – getting two lifts from women quite easily – quite a change from the Lleyn Peninsular where hitching had been difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment