Monday 31 December 2012

Day: 28 24/5/87 Newport to Goodwick

Weather:  sunny
Distance:  18km (11 miles)    Total Distance:  427 miles

It was a much shorter walk today.  I was glad to get out of the noisy campsite but I was to see it again later in the day when I walked through it.  It was a good day for sun – again a change from the previous day.  Dinas Head was crowded with walkers. 

Again today was the reverse walk of what I had done a few years previously with friends from Cardiff when we had walked from from Fishguard to the Sailors Safety.  I walked though the campsite where one of my friends had left her coat and we had had to walk back to find it. 

I walked though Fishguard and finished my walk there.  I walked back to Fishguard to start hitching back.  I got a lift from two Australians in a VW Traveller.  I took the car back to Newport where there was a festival weekend going on.  I found a very quiet campsite there where I was just about the only person there.  The facilities were very basic with only one tap and a toilet.  I also found a restaurant where I went – I was very hungry by then.  I then went to a Gymana Ganu in the local church.

No comments:

Post a Comment