Monday 31 December 2012

Day: 30 26/5/87 Porthgain to Solva

Distance:  30km (19 miles)    Total Distance:   462 miles

An interesting piece of industrial architecture was one of the first striking parts of today’s walk – a disused quarry at Aberiddy.  There was not much sign of civilisation until I rounded St David’s Head and found many people enjoying a day out at Whitesands Bay.  I stopped for food in the café there before going around the next headland looking at Ramsey Island. 

In the afternoon I was starting to find the hills difficult.  I was pleased to get to Solva which was a deep long natural harbour.  I got two lifts back to the car – the one out of St David’s taking a bit of time.  I camped outside St David’s at Tretio and went back into the town that evening for Chicken Cordon Bleu

No comments:

Post a Comment