Monday 31 December 2012

Day: 25 7/5/87 Aberaeron to Tresaith

Weather:  Fine in morning, misty in afternoon.
Distance:  27km (17 miles)    Total Distance:   388 miles

For some reason I can not recall too much of today, especially the first part from Aberaeron to New Quay.  I know the weather was fine but it turned very misty in the afternoon.  The path between Aberaeron and New Quay was good – a couple of ups and downs and through an elegant white farmhouse at Gilfarch-yr-Halen.  I managed to walk on the sand and rocks from Little Quay Bay to New Quay as the tide was out.  The beach was quite crowded at New Quay – I felt quite out of it in all my walking gear!  I stopped for milk at New Quay but did not feel hungry enough for lunch as it was too hot.  I took the wrong way out of New Quay up the cliffs and had to scramble through a shellfish processing factory debris up some cliffs – most precarious!  The paths from here on were poor to say the least, though they were marked on the map. 

Afternoon not written up.

No comments:

Post a Comment