Monday 31 December 2012

Day: 33 15/8/87 Milford Haven to Angle

Weather:  Sunny
Distance:  35km (22 miles)    Total Distance:   528 miles

This was my wife's first experience of coastal walking when she joined me at lunchtime. 

Margaret dropped me off at Gellswick Bay and then went to Pembroke.  I walked through the back streets of Milford Haven and then along the promenade and through the docks past another oil refinery and over the bridge.  The building of this bridge saved me a lot of walking. 

I was not too impressed with the town of Pembroke Dock.  I arrived at Pembroke almost on time.  The weather was hot and I wasn’t very hungry.  The first part of the afternoon’s walk was OK but the oil refinery was a bit grim plus we were getting sun burnt.  Margaret was feeling the pace by the end of the day.  We walked up to the road and got a lift quickly from a woman.  We went to Swansea that night for a friend's bar-b-que and the next day went with friends to a beach on the Gower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment