Monday 31 December 2012

Day: 32 28/5/87 Runwayskiln to Milford Haven

Distance:  26km (16 miles)    Total Distance:   499 miles

This was the last of six good days good walking and all in fine weather.  Two good stories from today’s walk.  The first was not long into the walk when I saw walking towards me a guy with nothing on but his rucksack and a pair of boots.  I did not have the nerve to say anything and he just walked off into the distance. I wonder if he was walking the coast in the opposite direction?  If so, I wonder how far he ever got.

The second was when I was hitching back.  The person who stopped to give me a lift told me he was a retired Baptist Minister.  When I told him I was a Baptist he took me all the way to Marloes which was fortunate because it was a difficult place to get to.

I think the price has gone up!


The lighthouse at St Ann’s Head gleamed in the sunlight in well-kept grounds.  I was lucky that I could get over the river at Sandyhaven Pill as it would have been a long way up the head of the estuary.

It was a day of real contrast too as it started off in fine cliff top scenery and ended up in the oil refinery of Milford Haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment