Thursday 24 August 2017

Day: 215 16/8/99 Chapel St Leonards to Mablethorpe

Weather:  Fine and bright

Distance:  11 km (6.8 miles)    Total Distance:   2791 miles

I had a business meeting in Grimsby in the afternoon.  I therefore decided to make the most of the day and travel up early in the morning to do some coastal walking as well.  I was fortunate enough to have a Vauxhall Vectra to make the journey so there was room in the boot for the bike. I therefore went first to Mablethorpe to drop the bike off and chained it up in the park.  I then drove back to the car park at Chapel Six Marches and left the car there and started walking.

It was a great morning and I passed a number of other people out for a morning walk on the beach.  The first couple of miles I walked on the tides edges as this is where the sand was most firm.  A mile or so north of Anderby Creek, a sea wall started so I was able to make much faster progress by taking to that even if it was not quite as picturesque. 

I started to pass a number of cyclists also cycling at a gentle pace along the sea wall as well as a team of Environment Agency staff repairing parts of it.  As I neared Sutton on Sea it got a lot busier and beach huts began to appear.  

It took about two and quarter hours to get back to the bike at about 11.30 am.  I cycled the first half back along the promenade and sea walls going gently because there were some no cycling signs up but it seemed safe enough going slowly.  Once the sea wall ran out at Moggs Eye I took to the road which again was gentle enough.  I was glad however to get back to the car where I changed in the PCs into my works clothes and loaded the bike into the back.  I then drove to Grimsby, grabbed lunch in a nearby garage and went onto the meeting.    


No comments:

Post a Comment