Friday 25 August 2017

Day: 226 29/5/00 Mappleton to Barmston

Weather:  Showery but mild

Distance:  16.5 km (10.3 miles)    Total Distance:   2913 miles

I took the car today on my own while Margaret and the boys stayed in Scarborough and went to places like the Sea Life Centre.  It was a day of walking along the beach or the low earthen cliffs without too much of note all day to be honest.

Just as I came to Hornsea it started to rain heavily so I sheltered underneath a landing jetty till it passed over. 


When I got to Barmston I thought I would get a bus all the way back but it turned out I had read the timetable incorrectly and there was not a suitable bus.  So after sitting near the local pond and eating a cake I had bought from the local shop I stated to wander up to the busy main road, along another mile to the turn off down to Hornsea and then hitch.  

Unfortunately it was not a good place to hitch - too busy if anything, so I walked to the village of Ulrome where I had a bit more luck.  In Hornsea I got caught in another heavy shower but found shelter under a sign for a local market where I stayed till it passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment