Friday 4 January 2013

Day: 44 30/5/89 Langland Bay to Mumbles

Distance:  3.5km (2.2 miles)    Total Distance:   674 miles

I didn't feel very well today.  I didn't have much strength when I woke up plus a sore throat.  I did however decide that a short walk around Mumbles Head would be worth it.  I walked back to the cliff top path from my firend's house and walked slowly to Limeslade and Bracelet Bays.  It was still too early in the holiday season for any of the ice-cream kiosks to be open.  I then went towards the pier and along the road that was the start of the Mumbles run in the days when I was at University in Swansea. 

Although I was feeling hungry I did not have the stomach to face the place at the pier.  I walked down into Mumbles and tried to get into the café where we sometimes have breakfast when staying with the at Mumbles but that was closed too.  Instead I bought an Independent and walked back along the front and found a restaurant open and treated myself to sausage, beans and chips! 

I went back to my friend's house and waited for him and Wendy to come back from work.  I did not have much energy left to do much more so went back to Cardiff the following day and then back to Coventry on the following day to work on the house and toy making.  I felt pretty disappointed that I had managed to walk for only three days really.  I decided that until I got fitter I would probably leave my walking to long weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment