Saturday 19 January 2013

Day: 94 2/6/93 Trelissick to Malpas

Weather: Fine

Distance: 15 km (9.3 miles)    Total Distance:  1240 miles

This was a much shorter days walk than yesterday’s miscalculation!  There was not a great deal in the way of views of the sea or estuary but it was never the less pleasant.  From being dropped off at the entrance to Trelissick I strolled down a muddy track to Cowlands and then down Coombe, a hamlet over-looking over a minor creek.  After turning north the walk took to minor roads and then along past a sewage works and into an industrial estate road into Truro.

There was not much to see from my route through Truro, passing a supermarket, past the local radio station offices and then along a much more pleasant road on the banks of the Truro River.  I thought how convenient this radio station would have been if I had been doing a sponsored walk around Britain and was dropping off doing interviews at radio stations.  No doubt I would have tried to sell them a Cornish clock I'd made too.  Margaret passed by in the car and we agreed to keep to our original plan of meeting in the pub at Malpas where we had lunch. 

Margaret had spent the morning in Truro visiting the shops and the Cathedral. 

After lunch we returned to the village of Coombe which I had walked through in the morning.  Whilst Sean had his sleep, Margaret and I sat in the car and watched the comings and going on the beach.

View over the Fal
 (Photo: Trevor on Flickr)


No comments:

Post a Comment