Monday 7 January 2013

Day: 75 29/5/91 Port Issac to New Polzeath

Distance:  12km (7.5 miles)    Total Distance:   1035 miles

Margaret dropped me off in Port Issac and walked with me along the front and around the pretty harbour surrounded by small houses and shops.  I continued on and Margaret looked around the shops before heading for Polzeath. The walk as far as Porthgaverne was very up and down though the cliffs were not that high, the path hugged the edge and took in every contour.  Again I noticed that just out of the villages, just a handful of walkers were to be seen.  I was walking at about the same pace as a woman carrying a full pack who appeared to be going very well. 

There was not much to look at in Porthquin so I went straight through.  There were a number of pretty bays that were a bit more crowded due to near-by car parks.  Near Lundy Hole I almost stepped on a mouse about one and a half inches long who was just walking along the path.  Between Lundy Hole and the end of the walk at New Polzeath the paths were crowded. I stopped and ate my lunch near Moils (?) looking at a boat trip going around the island.  Margaret had walked some way out of New Polzeath and I met her reading.  It had taken about three and a half-hours though the man in the craft shop had told Meg that it would take at least four hours.

We walked back to the car park and I then drove back to Cardiff, stopping just to get petrol at the services in Exeter.  We will probably be using these services for a good couple of years more.  We had fish and chips with my mum and dad in Cardiff and then drove back to Coventry laden with the usual lots of plants.  I had to go back to work on the following day tired – but Meg had the rest of the week off!


No comments:

Post a Comment