Monday 7 January 2013

Day: 52 14/4/90 Around Newport to Nash

Distance:  11km (6.8 miles)    Total Distance:    miles

It was Good Friday.  I decided to walk around Newport on my own as it would it would be a somewhat boring walk for my wife.  I was up early and drove over from Cardiff and parked near Duffryn.  I walked down to the docks and had breakfast in a transport café near the transporter bridge which has now unfortunately been closed down. What a great piece of engineering.  I hope it can be saved.   I walked up through the town and over the suspension bridge over the River Usk then back down towards the coast. 




I managed to cut down towards the power station and Monsanto, over some railway lines before I could go no further without going into the power station. It brought back memories of when I worked at Monsanto one very hot summer.  They gave us a uniform to wear and the shirts were an unbearably thick material.  

A more recent photo I have taken of the East Usk lighthouse


I skirted around some pools past the lighthouse and saw a fox. I ended up in Nash by going across a field of sheep and lambs making an incredible noise.  From Nash I walked back to the car through Newport and got back in time for lunch in Cardiff.  We went down to Swansea that night for a friends wedding weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment