Tuesday 8 January 2013

Day: 78 29/7/91 Padstow to Porthcothan

Date: 29/7/91    Weather:  Fine and sunny, overcast later
Distance:  19km (11.8 miles)    Total Distance:   1063 miles

Margaret and I drove around the estuary to Padstow and parked in a car park above the town.  Margaret walked with me for the first few hundred yards through a war memorial park but for the rest of the day I walked on my own.  The beaches I passed were crowded. It was a very picturesque walk around Stepper Point. I was watching a coaster that appeared to be stuck on a sandbank trying to get off.  Both Trevone Bay and Harlyn Bay were busy. 

I had a break in a café in Trevone Bay – it was very hot!  The owners of the café were evidently new at the job and very concerned that their china mugs were not allowed to be taken outside. It had to be polystyrene for that job! 

Just outside Passing Catadews Point I passed two middle aged men walking the path, and were laughing and seemed to be having a good time – this was the couple who's book I found later on in the week.  Some of the path to Trevose Bay had been diverted to make it safer.  The area south of Trevos Bay is not very pretty – a couple of rock workings.  Catawade Bay was not very spectacular either but easy to walk along. 

Margaret who had spent the day in Padstow then came to pick me up in Porthcothan.  We had tea in Padstow.  Our friends came over in the ferry and we took them back after tea.  We had tea in an Italian restaurant – very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment