Monday 7 January 2013

Day: 49 17/9/89 Penarth to Penarth Dock

Distance:  1.5km (1 mile)    Total Distance:   738 miles

I think this qualifies for the shortest leg of the trip so far.  If I did it at this rate every day I would still be walking,

My wife and I were in Cardiff to visit my parents.  We wanted a stroll on Sunday morning so decided to do the next bit of the coastal walk around Penarth Head. 

Penarth Head from Penarth Pier
(Geograph - Keith Edkins)


We began at Penarth pier, went through the modern concrete car park and down onto the beach which is not very glamorous at that stage.  I couldn't not recall walking around that part of the beach previously even though I used to live not too far away. The cliff with its multi-coloured strata, including alabaster for which Penarth is famous,  soon began to tower above us on our left. 


Penarth coast


We came back onto solid land at the entrance to the docks, strolled up the hill and returned back Penarth and the car over the windy streets on the headland.


Penarth Head walk

No comments:

Post a Comment